Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To


Ah, book to movie adaptations. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them, but we can't deny it's a great feeling getting to see our favorite books up there on the silver screen or going home and wanting to pick up a book because we loved the movie (I'm looking at you, The Martian).

So, for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday (and my first here on the blog, yay!), I'm gonna share with you the book adaptations I'm most looking forward to in upcoming movie releases!

1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2


I absolutely can't wait to see the conclusion of the 'Hunger Games' franchise, my favorite of the last few years. I actually think I like the movies better than the books (not saying I don't like the books, but the movies bring such a different look into the world, instead of just being confined to Katniss' head), and I trust that they will have done a great job with this last installment.

I am still secretly hoping that that one thing that happens to a certain someone in the book does not happen to their movie counterpart, because it's been years since I read the book and I am still not over it.


2. Deadpool

I can't even begin to explain how much I want to see this movie. How much I've wanted a Deadpool movie to be made for most of my life (let's ignore that sad attempt at the character in Wolverine, before I throw my laptop out the window). Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool through and through, the footage looks amazing, and I am beyond excited! February 2016 cannot come fast enough.


3. The Danish Girl

I would not be surprised at all if Eddie Redmayne won another Oscar for this movie. Based on the novel by David Ebershoff, it tells the story of Lili Elbe, one of the first transsexual women. Eddie is one of my favorite actors, I've been loving Alicia Vikander in everything she does, so my expectations for this movie are high.

4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

It's another Harry Potter film. Do I even need to say anything else?

5. The 5th Wave

Although I am not that curious to read the book (I do own it, and might try and pick it up before the movie release), I do want to see how the movie turns out. Alien invasion, girl on the run, a lot can go well, but also a lot can go wrong, so I will wait and see!

6. The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Let me just say off the bat I absolutely hated the last book in this trilogy. It just ruined the whole series for me. The movies have already started going in a different direction (probably off the backlash after the release of the last book), so hopefully they will keep changing it and actually make this story better. Would not need much, to be honest.

7. The Jungle Book

I have recently read one of Rudyard Kipling's books and did not like it at all, but I still hold a special place for the original Jungle Book animation in my heart. After what seemed like several live action adaptations being released, this one seems to be going forward first (I was really looking forward to Andy Serkis' take on it, need to look around and find out if it is still being made). Let's see what comes out of it!

8. Beauty and the Beast

Sticking with the live action adaptations of Disney movies, I must admit this is the one I'm most looking forward to. It's one of my favorite Disney stories, the cast is absolutely flawless and spot on, and if they ruin it for me I don't even know if I will ever have faith in adaptations anymore.


9. Captain America: Civil War

This list is not in a particular order of preference, otherwise this would be waaaaay higher up. Captain America: Winter Soldier is one of my favorite Marvel movies to date and the hype revolving around this third installment is really getting my hopes up for another brilliant movie.

Also, I have a lot of unresolved feels about Bucky.


10. Suicide Squad

I wanted to stay away from too many graphic novel/comic book adaptations, but I just remembered this one and oh my god, doesn't it look amazing? Jared Leto as the Joker, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn... I am usually very disappointed with DC adaptations (I only really like The Dark Knight Trilogy), so please, please don't ruin this one for me!

-------
See you next week with another Top Ten Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Deadpool with Ryan Reynolds? I am there! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really excited for Mockingjay Part 2! And the live action Beauty and the Beast movie too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe Mockingjay is almost here!

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I don't know how I forgot to add upcoming comic book movies to my list... :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to not add too many and rely more on books, but comic book adaptations are some of my favorite :P Still managed not to mention a few, like X-Men, so that went well ahah

      Delete