Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

 

The best present anyone can give me is books. Since I learned how to read, books were something that I always asked for and people that know me soon realized that it was the safest bet when it came to the time of present giving. So, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is something that should be easy for me to come up with but at the same time, not so much. I'm not picky at all when it comes to Christmas presents but, for the sake of this list, I've come up with a list of books that I would be really happy to add to my TBR.

Also, even if Santa seems to me like someone that could pull off some miracles, I'm only including books that have already been released.

1. 'Winter', by Marissa Meyer


[Goodreads]

The 'Lunar Chronicles' is one of my favorite series and I am sad to see it come to an end. I have been in such a denial that I have yet to read it or even buy it. If I don't do it, it's not really over, right?

I do want to read it soon though (before I find any spoilers by mistake), so if Santa wanted to be super awesome this year I would love to find 'Winter' under my tree!


 2. 'The Rest of Us Just Live Here', by Patrick Ness


Patrick Ness has been in my list of authors to read for ages. I already own two of his books ('A Monster Calls' and 'More Than This') but have yet to pick either of them up. I know he's amazing and I will love his work, but it just hasn't happened yet.

I have had my eye on this book since the concept was first released. I like the 'chosen one' trope as much as the next person, but this inversion where the story follows everyone else instead just seems too good to miss.

3. 'Zeroes', by Scott Westerfeld (et al.)


Again, another concept that seems right up my alley. I had a really bad first experience with Scott Westerfeld (although I have in the meantime realized it was probably just a really bad translation job), but I gave him another chance with 'Afterworlds' and that is now one of my favorite books.

People with useless super-powers seems like something that will ensue plenty of shenanigans and I don't really know why I haven't bought this book yet!


4. 'Ready Player One', by Ernest Cline


I must be one of the few people left that is yet to read this book.

I was very into video-games growing up (not so much now because I knew if I went back down that alley I would have zero time for anything else) and this book seems like something that would really pull on that nostalgia factor.

It also draws on other traits I love in books (dystopia, futuristic, a good old quest), so this would certainly be a safe bet for a present.

5. 'Wolf by Wolf', by Ryan Graudin


Having recently started to watch 'The Man in the High Castle', I am really in the mood for some II World War dystopian-esque reads.

This had already caught my eye when if first started showing up in the blogosphere, and since I have only heard great things I will be sure to add it to my TBR soon.

Unless someone wants to get it for me first! *winks*


6. 'An Ember in the Ashes', by Sabaa Tahir


This is one of the books right at the top of my list of 'series to start in 2016'.

The blurb really reminds me of 'Thone of Glass' meets 'The Winner's Curse' but probably even better.

I honestly don't even know why I haven't picked this book up yet. I have half a mind to go order it even before I finish writing this post!

7. 'Golden Son', by Pierce Brown


I am currently nearly done with reading the first instalment in this series (Red Rising) and I am already predicting that I will be wanting to read more as soon as I turn that last page.

At least I won't have long to wait to completely finish the story since the third book is coming out in February 2016.

I'll just need to keep telling myself that when I am craving this book like crazy.


8. 'The Versions of Us', by Laura Barnett


I very nearly bought this book at this years YALC (Young Adult Literary Convention) and the only reason I didn't was because I already had over 20kg of books to carry back home with me (that was a fun day).

The idea behind this book is something that I have wondered about plenty of times in my life. The countless 'what if's' we encounter every day, how the smallest decision or impulse can end up shaping more than we know. I'll get it soon. Soon.


9. 'Plus One', by Elizabeth Fama


I have had this book in my shopping cart whenever I buy books more times than I can count.

The concept of having society split into people that live their lives during the day and the ones that are only allowed to do so at night is promising, and even if I have seen mixed reviews it's a book that I hope to get to eventually.

Also, cover.


10. 'Falling Kingdoms', by Morgan Rhodes


To be perfectly honest, I have been steering away from this series because there are already enough books out that it would take me some time to catch up and I am already in a place where I'm in the middle of plenty of series that I need to finish.

However, it seems that everywhere I turn I see someone praising this series like there is no tomorrow. The fact that I know I would like it only makes it worse. I just know I'll give in sooner rather than later!


------------------------------------

Santa would have his work cut out for him (and probably a bad back) trying to get all of these books for me. But a girl can dream, right?

Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get Ready Player One: it is my favourite book to recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is one of my all time favorites, it was SOOO good! Ready Player One was a great audiobook, I hope you enjoy it! I hope you get them all :)

    Our TTT
    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! An Ember In The Ashes is supposed to be brilliant and I've got my eye on Falling Kingdoms too. I think I actually prefer series' where there are plenty of books already out, it saves the agonising wait for the next one if you get hooked.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get all these for Christmas! Merry Christmas!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/top-ten-tuesday-36/

    ReplyDelete