Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016


The end of a year, the slow build-up of a TBR for the next. 2016 has some great books coming out and this week's Top 10 Tuesday is dedicated to exactly those! (Warning: You might need Goodreads open on a separate tab to add some of these to your list. Or all of them. I won't judge. I might high five you though.)

1. A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2), by Sarah J. Maas

Release Date: 3rd May        [Pre-order]   {Goodreads}

'A Court of Thorns and Roses' was one of my favorite books this year and I absolutely can't wait for the second in the series. While it can stand as its own story and there are no immediate cliffhangers to deal with, I adored this world so much that I just need to read more.



Also, I miss Lucien. *sigh*


2. 'Glass Sword' (Red Queen #2), by Victoria Aveyard

Release Date: 9th February         [Pre-order]  {Goodreads}  

Look at this cover. Just, look at it.

Another case where I read the first book this year, loved it, and am (im)patiently waiting for the next. To the point of practically stalking Twitter, Instagram and the likes on the hunt of a giveaway to try and get it ASAP.

If anyone that owns it is reading this, name your price. My bribes can go from cookies to other related goodies (a piece of my soul could also be considered).


 3. 'The Crown' (The Selection #5), by Kiera Cass

Release Date: 3rd May       [Pre-order]  {Goodreads}

The ending of one of my 'guilty pleasure' series. I had a good experience reading the initial three books, but I like Eadlyn soooo much more than America.

She's feisty, she's opinionated, and while I can pretty much guess who she will be ending up with, it's still a book I very much want to read as soon as it comes out.

With this and 'ACOMAF' being released on the same day, I'm going to have a fun week!

4. 'Passenger' (Passenger #1), by Alexandra Bracken

Release Date: 5th January          {Goodreads}

The first book that is not a series continuation in this list, and with very good reason. The moment I saw it was a time travelling scavenger hunt I was more than sold!

I have never read anything by Alexandra Bracken, so I am definitely curious. There's a great majority of good opinions regarding her books, so expectations are high.

Can I time-travel to the future to get it?


5. 'Rebel of the Sands' (Rebel of the Sands #1), by Alwyn Hamilton

Release Date: 4th February        [Pre-order]    {Goodreads}

I got a sampler of this book at this year's YALC (Young Adult Literary Convention, held inside London's Film and Comic Con) and have been wanting to get my hands on it ever since.

Think Arabian Nights with an awesome female protagonist. She's a sharpshooter. Do you even need to know more?

Coming out somewhat close to my birthday, my present to myself is more that picked out.


6. 'Starflight' (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers

Release Date: 2nd February        [Pre-order]   {Goodreads}

This is the one book on this list that I am sort of cheating on since I already read it. I was lucky enough to win an advance copy through Goodreads, but I am still so excited for other people to get their hands on it.

It was one of my favorite reads of the year, so that's really the highest selling point I can give it. Also, you will be rooting for the romance like there is no tomorrow. And, you know, the space stuff is cool too!


7. 'Stars Above' (The Lunar Chronicles Collection), by Marissa Meyer

Release Date: 2nd February        [Pre-order]   {Goodreads}

*stares at shiny cover*

I still haven't read 'Winter' because I am in denial over this series finishing.

This collection of novellas that brings us not one, not two, but five completely new stories will definitely help me keep up the illusion (*insert Queen Levana joke here*) that it's not yet time to say goodbye!


8. 'And I Darken' (The Conquerors Saga #1), by Kiersten White

Release Date: 28th June          [Pre-order]   {Goodreads}

I've had some mixed reading experiences with Kiersten White's books, but this one has definitely caught my eye.

Ottoman Empire? Vlad the Impaler as a girl?

The history lover in me rejoiced.

Good Historical YA is hard to come by, and I'm crossing my fingers that this will be as awesome as it sounds!


9. 'The Forbidden Wish', by Jessica Khoury

Release Date: 23rd February        [Pre-order]   {Goodreads}

I was going through lists of 2016 releases to finish up this Top Ten and this caught my eye. I had seen it going around but had completely forgotten about it.

I love me a good retelling, and Aladdin being told from the point of view of a genie is something that I am definitely up for.

Some early ratings and reviews seem extremely promissing, so fingers crossed on this one!


10. 'Riders', (Riders #1), by Veronica Rossi

Release Date: 16th February        [Pre-order]  {Goodreads}

I started another series with this same concept of the Riders of the Apocalypse a few years ago, but while I really enjoyed the first book, it ended up being one of those cases where I just never got around to pick up the rest.

Never read anything by her (been meaning to for years though), heard great things, so I will definitely be picking this one up at some point in 2016.



-------------
Aaaand these are some of the books I am really looking forward to in 2016! (Had this been a post regarding the whole year of releases, I could have been here all day). Seems like I will have my hands full, as always.

Any books here that you are also excited about?

3 comments:

  1. A Court of Mist and Fury, Rebel of The Sands and Riders were all on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for the ACTOAR sequel. I've seen Passenger on a few lists that I'm becoming more interested in it now.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete