Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't


Right off the bat, I don't know how I'll manage to stick to only ten books for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. Every single year there are so many wonderful looking books coming out and as much as I try, I never manage to get to all of them (who does, really. If you do, please teach me your ways!).

I ended up picking some of the ones that I had been wishing for during the months prior to release and then when they finally hit bookshelves, I just didn't pick up right away.

Let's start this list off with...

1. 'Winter', by Marissa Meyer



I have lost count of how many times I have said here on the blog that I have yet to read 'Winter'. It's really bothering me.

I'll get to it soon.

Sooooooon.




2. 'A Darker Shade of Magic', by V.E. Schwab



I have a pretty, signed and personalized copy of this book currently judging me very severely from my bookshelf.

I read my first V.E. Schwab book in 2015 and absolutely loved it (it even made my top ten books of the year). I have heard nothing but wonders about this book, so I need to get to it before the second in the trilogy comes out next month!


3. 'Soundless', by Richelle Mead



Great looking concept, I have been wanting to read this book since it was first revealed.

How have I not read it yet?

Putting this list together is making me very frustrated.




4. 'Six of Crows', by Leigh Bardugo


Curious thing here is, I have no interest in picking up the 'Grisha' trilogy (not much reason to it really, just doesn't appeal to me that much) but I really, really want to read 'Six of Crows', even though it is set in the same world.

Don't ask me how my brain works. I don't know it myself.

Also, beautiful cover is beautiful.



5. 'The Wrath and the Dawn', by Renee Ahdieh



'A Thousand and One Nights' retelling yeeeeeees.

Have it on ebook, even ended up giving it as a Christmas present to my best friend and have yet to read it myself.

I'll borrow hers. Because, you know. Convenience.




6. 'The Girl at Midnight', by Melissa Grey


This is a brilliant case of how much a cover can help a book get out there. I remember seeing the US cover when it was first released and I thought it was so bad I didn't even go and check the synopsis of the book.

Cue the UK cover and voila, it's sitting on my shelf after having bought it super cheap at YALC.

It reminds me a lot of 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' and I really want to read it!

7. 'The Fire Sermon', by Francesca Haig



This one flew under my radar for a while. But then I saw the beautiful hardcover edition with the red pages (and this being at YALC, I managed to get it signed) and just had to have it.

The concept is amazing, and I have heard great things. This is another case where I need to step up my reading game since the second book will be coming out soon!



8. 'Uprooted', by Naomi Novik


I'm a sucker for retellings.

Add to it a gorgeous cover and amazing reviews and I'm on that bandwagon like there is no tomorrow.

I managed to hunt down one of the limited, signed first editions, and now I need only to make room for it in my TBR.




9. 'Off the Page', by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer



I remember seeing this book around booktube when it first came out and I really liked the idea of it. A fictional prince coming off the pages of its book? Yes, please!

I have not read the book before this one but it seems it can be read as a standalone. The reading gods seem to want me to read it since I won it in a giveaway, so I need to get on with it!



10. 'The Scorpion Rules', by Erin Bow

[Goodreads]

I'm being quite repetitive in this post, but this is yet another book that immediately grabbed be with its concept. It's set in this world where all the rulers have to give up one of their children to be held hostage as insurance. If that country goes to war, its hostage dies.

Sounds cool, right?

Must. Read. Soon.

-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment