Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Top Ten Series I Resolve to Finish in 2016


This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about resolutions. Who among us has never taken advantage of that end of year optimism and set a number of things they want to do or change in the looming new year? I myself almost always do it, either on a personal or reading level. I remember one year where I wrote a list of all my resolutions on New Year's Eve and hid it inside my wallet, with the promise that I would not look at it again until the next year's end to see if I had accomplished everything on it. It was loads of fun and I would totally recommend doing it!

This year, however, I haven't given it much thought. Mostly because I put together some strict rules for myself reading wise last year and even posted a video about them on my Youtube channel, only to not even look at it after a couple of months. I didn't ever check if I achieved them or not either.

I do remember having one of them being about finishing series. It's ridiculous the amount of series I have started and put aside over the years, and I've been trying to either get to them or just drop them altogether from my TBR.

So, without further ado, here are the series I'm going to try and finish (or catch up with) during 2016!

-------------------------------

1. 'Throne of Glass', by Sarah J. Maas

It seems I keep having Sarah J. Maas on my Top Ten Tuesday posts, but I just can't help it. I started this series in 2015, and so far have only made my way through the first two installments and the novella collection 'The Assassin's Blade'. I already own all of the books, but have been putting their reading off due to size (it takes me a while to get through them and I always end up going for quicker reads) but mostly to the poor reviews I have seen regarding 'Queen of Shadows'.

Either way, this is the series I definitely need to catch up on this year!


2. 'The Lunar Chronicles', by Marissa Meyer

This one is not going to be a hard task, since I only need to read 'Winter' to finish the series (and then read the collection of novellas 'Stars Above' once it comes out). I just don't want it to eeeeeend!

3. 'Vampire Academy', by Richelle Mead

I read the first book in this series back in 2011 and due to the Portuguese publisher dropping the translation of the series out of the blue, I never picked it back up. I have owned the e-books for a very long time but over the years my interest for Vampire books just diminished considerably. However, seeing the movie adaptation really reminded me of everything I loved about the book and I have been meaning to go back to it every since.

Also, I miss Dimitri.

(In Soviet Russia, Dimitri... is still hot)

4. 'Altered', by Jennifer Rush

Another case where I only need to read the last book to finish the series (and, I just checked, a novella as well). This trilogy is about a group of genetically enhanced boys who are kept captive in a basement by the people that messed with them. While it didn't quite live up to my expectations it was still an enjoyable read and I am looking forward to see how their story ends!

5.'Midnight Breed', by Lara Adrian

While I highly doubt I will be able to finish this series in 2016 (I am 13 books behind, if I am not mistaken, including novellas), I still want to make some progress with it. I have 'grown out' of the paranormal romance genre (still enjoy reading it, I just prefer other genres), so hopefully that will happen.


6. 'House of Comarré', by Kristen Painter

For someone that has been repeating on this list that doesn't read that many vampire books anymore, I sure have a few series about them to finish. But with this one I have the excuse that I just absolutely love the concept and world building, and I can't wait until I pick up the two books I have left to read!

-------------------------------------

It's the first time since I have started doing TTT that I don't have a full list but as I mentioned at the top of this post I have been trying to reduce my TBR quite a lot recently. I still have quite the task ahead of me with these ones, especially considering all the tempting new series coming out this year!

What about you? Any series that you still need to power through?


2 comments:

  1. winter was such a good ending to the lunar chronicles! i was a little bit ~nervous~ about reading it because there are SO many YA books that didn't end so great, but i loved it when i finished it. hope you like it and good luck with your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you manage to finish all of these in 2016!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete