Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Top Ten Futuristic Books I Love


This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about the future and the past. I decided to dedicate my post to futuristic books because although I love me some good historical novels, I only pick them up on very rare occasions and therefore don't have many to choose from regarding favorites.

I've featured quite a lot of these books in previous Top Ten posts, but when a book is that good you just need to keep on spreading that loooooove. At least I do. Forever, well into the future! (see what I did there?)

Here are my picks!

1. 'Illuminae', by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Do I even need to justify this one? I've done nothing but praise this book since before it even came out. It was my favorite of 2015, and its sequel is one of my most anticipated releases for this year.

If you have yet to pick it up, do it. I'm very much considering acquiring a very long stick so I can poke people who have yet to read it until they do. Questionable methods, but hey, don't blame a girl for trying.


2. 'Incarnate', by Jodi Meadows


[Goodreads]

Just thinking of this series is making me want to read it again. I remember thinking at first that the concept (a society of reincarnated people? yes, please) was amazing and dreading at the same time that it would be messed up, but it delivered so much!

I don't see enough people reading this book. This needs fixing.



3. 'Cinder', by Marissa Meyer


[Goodreads]

It wouldn't be a Top Ten Tuesday if I didn't mention 'The Lunar Chronicles', right? You know it would not feel the same.

Fairy tale retellings with awesome, kick-ass protagonists? If you have yet to pick up this series, I sincerely question your judgment. Okay, maybe not, but you should still read it. So we can fangirl together.



4. 'The Hunger Games', by Suzanne Collins





[Goodreads]

Does this even need an explanation?





5. 'Red Queen', by Victoria Aveyard

[Goodreads]

This is one of those rare cases where I go into the book with low expectations because it keeps getting compared to some pretty awesome books in the genre that I doubt it will surpass, and then it does.

Having now read the second installment, 'Glass Sword', I am even more completely sold on this world and its characters, guaranteeing it a place among my favorites.



6. 'Across the Universe', by Beth Revis




Yet another book that I don't see nearly enough people talking about.

I have been trying to get people to read it by comparing the plot to the TV show 'The 100', so if you are a fan of that, I would bet my bookshelf you will love this.


7. 'Starflight', by Melissa Landers



[Goodreads]

The only reason this is not higher up on the list is because there is only one book in the series so far. It literally came out today. You can't get any more recent than that!

Unless you are following with this post's topic and are going to the future. If so, please bring me ALL OF THE BOOKS.



8. 'Matched', by Allie Condie

[Goodreads] 

This series tends to get mixed reviews from what I gather, but I remember really enjoying it when I randomly picked it up at the library almost three years ago.

So much that I immediately reserved the following books and barely slept until I finished them!



9. 'Vengeance in Death', by J.D. Robb

[Goodreads]

There are currently over 40 books in this series. No, I have not read them all.

I have actually only read two of the books set in this near future world, but I thought it so original and interesting to have a 'crime solving' series in that setting that I gave it a go. Unless you plan on embarking on the commitment of reading the whole series you can pick up any random book, and with my limited knowledge of it, I'd recommend this one.


--------------------------------------

What futuristic books do you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment