Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Books On My Fall TBR


Man, it's been a very, very long time!

After several months of absence from the Top Ten Tuesday feature here on the blog, I am finally (and hopefully) returned and staying for the long haul. My first topic back is what books I am planning to read this Fall, and, to be honest, I never really plan ahead on my TBRs. More often than not I do not stick to them, so why bother right?

However, Fall has always had a certain 'vibe' to me that makes me want to read specific books, so let's get to this!

1. 'Gemina', by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


This is, plain and simple, my most anticipated read of the YEAR.

After falling in love with 'Illuminae' last year (you can check out my review here, or here!), I absolutely cannot wait to see what the brilliance of Amie and Jay will bring us next.

I need to reserve myself a day once I get my hands on this, because I'm going nowhere until I finish it!



2. 'Six of Crows', by Leigh Bardugo


I'm so behind on the bandwagon...

Even though I have never read anything by Leigh and this is sort of set in the same world as her other series, for some reason this one interests me a lot more than the others.

She is also coming for a UK tour soon, so I have the perfect excuse to finally get to it!


3. 'The Crown', by Kiera Cass

 

I am very sure that, at some point in the next couple of months, I will want to read a quick, guilty pleasure book.

And when that moment comes, I will have this baby here.

Waiting.


 
4. 'Holding Up The Universe', by Jennifer Niven

{Goodreads}

Having never read anything by Jenniver Niven, I am quite curious to see if she is as good as so many people have built her up to be over the years.

This book comes with some negative 'vibes' attached after so many people rebelled against what the blurb made it out to be, but I will wait to form my own opinions and hope that all of those people were wrong!

5. 'The Hypnotist', by Laurence Anholt



I have been making an effort to read more diversely, and this will fit the bill perfectly.

It seems like the plot will go very much in line with my favorite topics, so I am very much hoping this deals with the topic of racism and race in a brilliant and poignant way.




-----------------------------------------------------

I am keeping this list very short because with University in full swing, I won't have much time to read from my own TBR until the Winter break (and I didn't want to include my compulsory reads because, you know, boring). Better to keep it at a manageable level!

What about you? What books are you cosying up with this Fall?


3 comments:

  1. You definitely need to read Six of Crows! It's one of my favorite books. My number one priority is actually reading its sequel this Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Six of Crows! Sadly, I didn't love The Crown. I hope you enjoy it though. :)

    AngelErin @ Angel Erin's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Gemina!! :D

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete