Friday, 3 February 2017

January Wrap Up


As I made my resolution to not have a quantity reading goal in 2017, it is a bit odd to try and not be disappointed that I didn't read much in January.

I am still in a slump of sorts, in which I can kind of read, but I have no idea what I actually want to pick up. That along with having to read a book for university that is boring me to no end and taking up all my reading time, I only have three books to mention in this wrap up, one of them (that cursed uni read) which I haven't finished yet, but it's taken so much time that I wanted to mention it anyway, otherwise it just seems even more of a waste.



Reviewed:

Still Reading:
  • 'Tess of the d'Urbervilles', by Thomas Hardy
This is an incredibly thick book to read, as are most Victorian novels, since they were never meant to be binge read. I cannot make it more than ten pages without becoming incredibly bored, and I just don't have that much interest in the story itself. It's become slightly more interesting as I've discussed it in class, but if it weren't for the fact we are still coming back to it I would definitely not be finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment