Saturday, 11 February 2017

Pokemon Go Book Tag


It's tag time again, and this week I'm doing the 'Pokemon Go Book Tag'!

I was tagged to do this well over six months ago, just when the game had come out. I don't even play it that much anymore (the little critters don't seem to like the area around my house and uni, where I spend 90% of my time), but Pokemon was a bit part of my childhood so I cannot ignore this tag, even all this time after actually being tagged to do it.

Go along to the wonderful Alisha's blog, Reality's a Bore, who tagged me to do it all those moons ago. Sorry it took me so long!

(you could say I am a real life Slowpoke... *badum tss*)




I can't really remember what was the first book I've ever read (I have the worst memory ever), but the one that definitely made me fall in love with the written word was 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'. This will probably be a very common answer, but I cannot avoid the truth!


'The Picture of Dorian Gray', by Oscar Wilde. It's my favorite book, and the one classic that I have actually enough to re-read time and time again.


There is no Pokemon better than a Zubat for this category, because they are honestly the most annoying thing in the face of the earth.

As for books, I'm going to go with adult colouring books. I actually tried one out back when the craze first started, but now they are just everywhere and I don't see the point in them. Especially and it started crossing over to the novel side of things and almost every big series out there seems to have a colouring book coming out. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.


The 'The Selection' series by Kiera Cass. It is essentially and mix and match of different tropes that were made popular by other series, but I still cannot avoid and love it. It's such a guilty pleasure series, and I regret nothing.


I currently have the 'Mistborn' trilogy box set by Brandon Sanderson sitting on my shelf but just the sheer size of the first book alone has had me stumped for years. It takes commitment to tackle a series like that and I'm waiting for the moment I get that burst of courage to dig in!


This was not because it was scary in the slightest, but the last book that kept me up so late because I could not put it down was 'A Court of Mist and Fury', by Sarah J. Maas. I cannot wait until the last book comes out, and I definitely need to to the same I did with this one and wait until I have a couple of days off so I do not miss my sleep.


So, so many. My heart is too big for only one OTP.

But, going with the last book I mentioned, Feyre/Rhysand will be the death of me and DO NOT PULL THEM APART SARAH OR SO HELP ME.


I will have no shame and go three in a row, and mention the ACOTAR trilogy by Sarah J. Maas. Hot? Check. Fast paced? Check. Make sure you have nothing planned before reading this. And you should probably also make sure you're alone. Just in case.


EEVEE IS MY FAVE.

I usually am all sorts of against excessive spin offs, but, as much as I condemn them and, in a way, wish they did not exist, I will forever see anything Harry Potter related that J.K. comes up with. As much as I think that the world should be left alone by now, this series has been too important for me to ignore something new within it.

I had a feeling that I would love 'Ready Player One' by Ernest Cline as soon as I read the blurb for it, but it took me years to actually pick it up, which I now regret terribly. I fell absolutely in love with this book, and it rose to my all time favourites list.


Even though I own the first two books, I have still to pick up the 'A Darker Shade of Magic' series by V.E. Schwab. Everyone seems to love it, and even though I tend to avoid overly hyped books after a while, this is one that I still really want to read. Someday.

I'm not a big fan of special/collectors editions of books, but there is one particular, leather bound edition of 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' that I drool over every time I see it. I would link it here, but I'm afraid I'll end up buying it, so just trust me on the fact that it is gorgeous.


I've been mostly avoiding learning about new releases, because I have so many other books to read on my TBR, but I very much want to read 'The Hate U Give' by Angie Thomas.


Going with just one I would definitely pick Stephanie Perkins. The woman could write a book of her shopping lists and I would probably devour it on the spot.



I'm going to cheat a bit on this one, because I'm usually lucky enough that I never have to wait more than a year for a book, and with as much as I have on my TBR as it is those waits are pretty easy to endure.

I still harbor a secret hope that J.K. Rowling will release a book about the Marauders. I've been wanting that since the time I first read the series, and this would totally go against my dislike of excessive spin offs because I WANT IT SO BAD.

------------------------------------------

If you want to do this tag feel free! Since it's been so long I don't want to tag anyone, but it's been quite fun to answer, so thanks again Alisha!

2 comments: